Trailer Food Tuesdays
Interested in sponsorsing this page?
If you happen to be in Austin on a hot and sweltering Tuesday afternoon, don’t make dinner plans. Instead, cruise on over to The Long Center to experience a local summer tradition, Trailer Food Tuesdays. If you’re new to Austin (or visiting), this event provides a great opportunity to experience both the social outdoor culture of the city, and sample some of the great food trucks from around town.
What is Trailer Food Tuesdays?
At Trailer Food Tuesdays, Austinites (and their dogs) come together to enjoy the popular and eclectic trailer food scene and listen to live music (afterall, Austin is the live music capital of the world). The lineup of trucks is diverse enough that you can find an expertly crafted shaved ice, a killer can of local brew, and some delectable street food that is sure to fill your gullet and put a big ol’ smile on your face.
Some tips for your first Trailer Food Tuesdays
If it’s your first time making your way to Trailer Food Tuesdays, fear not. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your outing.
- Pets are allowed, but must be a on a leash.
- The trailer food lines can get pretty long, so expect to wait for 20 minutes for food (grab a brew before you get in line… or heck, grab two).
- Alcohol is served at Trailer Food Tuesdays, and credit cards are accepted.
- Vendors plan to sell out of food by the end of the event. Many vendors will have limited or no selection of food within the last 30 minutes of the event.
- Don’t forget a blanket to sit on, and enjoy the beautiful evening views of the Austin skyline!
Are you a regular at Trailer Food Tuesdays? Help others out by leaving your tips in the comments section!